What is Chiropractic
Chiropractic us the science, art and philosophy that concerns itself with the restoration of good health by restoring and maintaining a properly functioning nervous system, without the use of drugs or surgery. Chiropractic is based on the scientific fact that your body is a self regulating, self-healing organism. These important functions are controlled by the brain, spinal cord and all the nerves in the body. The moving bones of the spine protect the vulnerable communication pathway of the spinal cord and nerve roots. If the nervous system is impaired, it can cause malfunction of the tissues and organs throughout the body this is called a subluxation. The chiropractic adjustment has been proven to increase motion, increase circulation, reduce swelling and pain, and remove the nerve irritation. Once this nerve irritation is removed, your body can do what it is designed to do: heal itself.
Techniques we use
Who we treat
- Activator Methods/Arthrostim
- Toggle Recoil
- Total Body Mod.
- Upper Cervical
- Contact Reflex Analysis (CRA) and CRT Techniques
Who we treat
- We are proud to serve our patients in every stage of life. Dr. Smiley’s youngest patient has been 3 hours old and oldest patient has been 100!
- We see individuals that are seeking natural ways to help their bodies feel better, function better and heal better.
- li>Not only is chiropractic great for pain, but we also take pride in our Functional Medicine, Functional Neurology and Field Control Therapy treatments that assist in restoring the body’s healing power and energy levels.
- Human patients are the norm at our office, but we are excited to treat animals as well! Both doctors are certified to care for our best friends, from dogs to horses, cats to monkeys, lambs to cows, we are well versed to take care of your animal counterpart.
What our patients are saying:
- "Her and her staff are wonderful about helping you learn how to have a healthy lifestyle and stay that way!"
- "Everyday living and work have become so much easier for me. I could never have done it without her help and assistance. I cannot thank her and her wonderful staff enough for her helping me to gain my health back!"
- "I give thanks every day for the gentle way my children are treated at Smiley Chiropractic. They are included in the healing process, taught ways of healing themselves and accepted for who they are. The entire staff validates the children’s part in their own healing process."